This is a bonus follow up to the Lego Drone posts. It is a growing list of things that have gone wrong so far, in no particular order. Continue reading “A Drone Made Out Of Lego Part 3: Things that went wrong”
This is a follow up post to Lego Drone Part 1. I’ll go into a bit more detail about the process and parts I used, and some of the lessons I learned along the way.
A Brief Introduction
I’ve been wanting to build a drone for a while because, well, it’s a drone and that’s cool. I figured my spin on the plethora of DIY drones out there could be that mine would be made out of Lego. The following is an overview of how I went about attempting the Lego drone, and a later post will go into more detail and cover the results of this experiment. Continue reading “A Drone Made Out Of Lego Part 1: The Forest”
This project came about when the Interactive Media team I was working with decided that we needed better wayfinding to our lab. We realised early on that any wayfinding of ours would absolutely have to involve flashy lights of some sort. The problem was that the corridors in our building have very limited access to power. Continue reading “A Hand Cranked LED Sign”