A Drone Made Out Of Lego Part 3: Things that went wrong

This is a bonus follow up to the Lego Drone posts. It is a growing list of things that have gone wrong so far, in no particular order.


Thing that went wrong
In one extra messy crash, the end of a propeller snapped off. I did not have a spare propeller.
Solution
I superglued the end back on. In unrelated news, superglue is my new favourite thing in the world.


Thing that went wrong
My original power “system” involved plugging the LiPo battery directly into the drone. The connectors I use are pretty robust, and involve a bit of a pull to disconnect (which is by design to prevent accidental in-flight disconnection). At one point the drone decided to glitch out and turn on while I was disconnecting it, and I received a nice neat slice across my hand.
Solution
A simple power switch that I did not initially put in because I am lazy and an idiot. Remember kids: always have a safety on/off switch.


Thing that went wrong
Spectacular crashes.
Solution
Create a video with explosions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *